Monday, April 27, 2009

A sad ending...

Everywhere you look these days you see kids dressed in neon colors, skinny jeans and t-shirts that are too tight for them.... and that's just the guys. It's the anime hair and contacts, the "emo" bands, the generation that seems to cry about their poor little lives and then sing about it.

I don't know when all of this became cool, in fact i remember that back in my days in school, someone who looked like that would have gotten their butt kicked. But to each his own i guess. I'm not here to say the music i listen to is better than anything else, and as far as I'm concerned you can like what you want. However, there is something that needs to be addressed and that is that my generation, is the last generation to like what I call "good music". And when i say "good music" i mean the bands that helped shape rock music into the greatness that it is. There are kids these days who don't know even the most known bad ass bands that are still around.

It's hard to think about how in 10 years, the only people who are going to know who Alice in chains are, are going to be the kids of the people who know and love them. An era of good music is ending to be replaced by a bunch of ghetto nonsense, crappy pop and crybaby, emo, screamo bullshit. (please excuse my language)
Anyway, I am creating this blog to help keep alive all the greatest of the great bands that have ever made their way into existence. And there are so many who deserve recognition, i just hope that my info, concert updates, merchandise and other things help in even a small way to keep good music alive.... in honor of the great ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment